So, a few fun things about life in the England MTC
1. I am in love with Jelly Babies. ( I don’t know, don’t ask)
2. Sister and I must always be within sight and sound of each other, so if we are across the room, I will say, “I can see you” and she replies “I can hear you”. It has become a bit of a thing with us.
3. I have gotten pretty creative over here trying to do different things with my hair to change it up a bit. Sister Burgess now knows that finger wave where made famous by the twenties.
4. I have an elaborate dream almost every night, and usually I remember them, They are filled with my family and friends. I feel like it is a little gift to me because I cannot see you in person.
5. I was counting out all the syllables in “IHR ZIEL” trying to figure out which hymn the meter would fit best with to memorize “My Purpose” through the use of a song.
6. I started crying when they showed meet the Mormons and I saw the missionary family walking in to the University mall, and Sister leaned over and asked if I was ok, and I just sort of whimpered, “That is where I work, My boss bought me a cinnamon roll from the store they are passing” . It was not ok when they said goodbye in the same place I did.
7. I love my companion so much, we are already planning our visits with each other.
8. The ducks on the pond that the cafeteria looks out onto.
9. Elder Gappmyer has the same humor as (Elder) Justin Messenger. If you know him, you know what I mean.
10. Sister Cheve from France talking to her food. “It tastes like British Accents” (the Yorkshire pudding) “How you doin?” ( to the chocolate dessert)
11. Sister Burgess and I labeling everything in the room with her yellow post it notes that we ended up having to tape up. We were scooting around the room on rolly-chairs.
Life is Good! The Gospel is true!
Love, Sister Gardner
(Sister Gardner asked me, her mother, to post this as well. It has just taken me a few days.)