As you progress in anything it continually gets harder. Which is the way by which we grow and improve and continue to press forward with faith. This place has helped me more and in different ways than I ever thought it would. I am realizing my faults and being humbled so that soon I will be able to have the strength to dash away a little more of my pride and come to the Father a bit more on my knees.
Today during the testimony meeting my good friend from home who was a stage manager for pageant said “”Through refiners fires we can find God” It has helped me to look at what Nauvoo and coming home from Germany has been for me. It has helped me to look for the love of God for me and then try and dish that out to the people around me. It has opened my eyes.
I don’t have much time, but I have much to share so I think I will tell a few stories by way of bullet points.
- Our Director Elder Schultz had a stroke earlier this week. It was very shocking yet somehow I felt peace. He is getting better but is still in the hospital. We have been praying for him, but it is amazing how the work has continued even while facing this great trial.
- I have been talking with one of the sisters about serving a mission and I am so glad that I am able to give my perspective of the value of missions and what giving a year and a half of your life to the Lord does for you.
- I have a great story from yesterday: During afternoon Nauvoo singers, we were not sure what we should do after the start of the second show we were down in the Bistro (the room where they eat lunch) and we sat on the couches . We decided to pray, I prayed to know where God needed us to go. We finished the prayer and Elder Tate suggested the temple. Most wanted to got the flats. I suggested we go to the flats by way of the temple and see if there was someone there. As we sang for a family six motorcycles drove up. We walked over and asked if we could sing for them. They were a tough looking bunch. Tattoos, beards, Harley t-shirts, skull rings and bandanas. They looked pretty cool. We worked together to answer their questions. We sang two songs for them and then one of the elders and I started talking with Tom. He is a heavy weight lifting champion. He told us he had dated a Mormon once. He told us about the trials he had faced in his life and we started talking about the temple and the Book of Mormon. I was able to leave him with a copy.
- We sang as YPM’s outside the temple as it was lit up for the pageant and it was so spiritual. I really felt the love of God.
- He is sustaining me each day…. I love Him.
I have to go….